[Scribus] Difference between DTP and word processor

robert robert
Fri Dec 17 18:10:13 CET 2004

On Friday 17 December 2004 08:03, Rainer Heilke wrote:
><snip> The only potentially useful function, off
> the top of my head, would be to automate the flow of text into
> similar-shaped text boxes on the following page(s). Want to compete with
> MS Office? Use StarOffice/OpenOffice, or one of the miriad other
> competitors.
>
> Rainer Heilke

I've been playing with 1.2.1 (cvs) and apparently scribus does have this
feature. When the new document dialog box comes up, there is a check box for
"automatic text frames" which does create a page sized (but within the
margins) text frame and links it to the previous one whenever you add a new
page.

I've only played a little with it so far though. Does anyone know if you can
enable this feature AFTER you've started creating a new document (i.e. didn't
check the box initially)?
--
Fail to learn history-repeat it.
Fail to learn rights-lose them.