[Scribus] Problems with Scribus-Generated .pdf files/Text extracted from Scribus Pdf Documents

Plinnell scribusdocs
Wed Dec 15 14:35:00 CET 2004

On Wednesday 15 December 2004 15:06, Rainer Heilke wrote:
> Actually, I've been finding that some fonts don't embed worth beans.
> Whether that's a Scribus issue, or freetype, I don't know.
>
> Somewhat related to this, there are two "embed" options. My last
> newsletter became enormous with the regular embed option, and wouldn't
> print. I selected the "subset" option (sorry, I'm rushing to work, so I
> can't fire up Scribus for the exact name) and the size came right back
> down to a reasonable size, and would print. (I didn't have this issue
> with previous newsletters.) The font embedding problem was the same,
> regardless of the embed option.
>
> Rainer Heilke

<snipping>

As for font quality, it has been a topic so often, I felt compelled to write a
very detailed doc on fonts in depth:
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=setup&page=fonts2

Cheers,
Peter