[Scribus] Problems with Scribus-Generated .pdf files/Text extracted from Scribus Pdf Documents

Rainer Heilke rheilke
Wed Dec 15 15:06:41 CET 2004

Actually, I've been finding that some fonts don't embed worth beans.
Whether that's a Scribus issue, or freetype, I don't know.

Somewhat related to this, there are two "embed" options. My last
newsletter became enormous with the regular embed option, and wouldn't
print. I selected the "subset" option (sorry, I'm rushing to work, so I
can't fire up Scribus for the exact name) and the size came right back
down to a reasonable size, and would print. (I didn't have this issue
with previous newsletters.) The font embedding problem was the same,
regardless of the embed option.

Rainer Heilke