[Scribus] Problems with Scribus-Generated .pdf files/Text extracted from Scribus Pdf Documents

Dr. Walter Obermiller Obermiller
Wed Dec 15 09:10:25 CET 2004

Dear developers,

in an effort to use scribus to print color flyers we came about
two problems with Scribus-generated .pdf files:

firstly, when the pdf-file is inspected with Acrobat-Reader
Professional (Version 6.02 Windows), Acrobat seems to be unable to
display the fontnames for text in the pdf-file (which it shows when
pdf-files generated with other programs are inspected).

secondly, when you try to select text from a .pdf file, the text is
utterly garbled and words are split randomly. I surmise that tiny
spaces may be used for microspacing/kerning within words, which at the
same time makes the text select tool pretty much useless in
conjunction with Scribus-generated  pdf's.

Any thought on why this is so, and whether there are plans to fix this
would be appreciated.

Scribus is great, however when you have to hand files to other
printing people that happen to use Acrobat to inspect incoming files,
especially the first problem leads to a cascade of requests and hence
problems.

If somebody is willing/able to tackle this, I'd be happy to test.

Sincerely,

	-walt obermiller

--
Walter Obermiller