[Scribus] cvs download

Lukasz [DeeJay1] Jernas deejay1
Tue Dec 14 11:11:57 CET 2004

Dnia Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:37:56 +0800 w e-mailu od Craig Ringer
<craig at postnewspapers.com.au> przeczytano:

> > >have it>spit out more informative error messages when it's not
> > >working.
>
> I rather doubt it's possible using the pserver, unfortunately. I had a
> quick look through the docs and didn't see anything, but the docs
> aren't what one would call succinct and to the point. (Better that
> than absent, of course, but I don't have time to go delving in
> detail).

One can setup a CVS with only one file stating "CVS IS DOWN WHEN IT'S UP
AGAIN THEN WE'LL TELL YOU SO DON'T EVEN ASK" ;>

> > What you would think, what I would think, but it seems unlikely that
> > we've seen our last 'whassup?' question about cvs.
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if people were subscribing to the list and
> immediately asking, rather than having a look through the archives
> first. Perhaps an explicit "anoncvs is not currently working" on the
> website wouldn't hurt, though I suspect many who don't bother looking
> at the archives also wouldn't check the website.

Or change the subscription confirmation message so that it includes
something like "IF YOU PLAN TO ASK A QUESTION WHY THE CVS IS DOWN -
PLEASE DON'T - YOU'LL NOTICE WHEN IT'S UP AGAIN" in big fat red HTML
letters ;>

--
?ukasz [DeeJay1] Jerna?
"PLD wspiera tych uzytkownikow, ktorym PLD dziala." - djurban