[Scribus] Fedora Core 3 and Scribus

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon Dec 13 04:03:02 CET 2004

For those of you having varying degrees of consternation compiling
Scribus with their distros, I just compiled Scribus without any trouble
with FC3 -- I know Paul has been using FC3 since its test versions.
So far, Fedora has been pretty good at keeping the various parts that
Scribus needs up to date. If it's an initial install, you will want to
custom choose components to get all the required rpms for Scribus (such
as qt-devel).

Without a doubt you would want to scan fedora-list to make sure there
aren't any showstoppers for your hardware.
You can avoid a common FC3 headache by installing it with the option
'ide=nodma' if you run into mediacheck problems; not only does this bug
(it's apparently a 2.6 kernel bug) cause a mediacheck failure for some
of the disks, it can also cause the install to crash in the middle.

Greg Pittman