[Scribus] CMYK - one last try

Owen rcook
Mon Dec 6 09:00:55 CET 2004

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 14:35:02 +1030
David Purton <dcpurton at chariot.net.au> wrote:

> One last effort to try and understand what Scribus is doing, since I'm
> not convinced so far that people on this list have followed me :(

> Now, convert it to pdf using this ghostscript command:
>
>         ps2pdf -dEPSCrop -dProcessColorModel=/DeviceCMYK CMYK.eps

I then imported CMYK.eps into Scribus and produced a pdf

I read both in Acroread5, took a snapshot and measured the colours.

		ps2pdf			Scribus

cyan 		C 100% M27%		C 100%
magenta		M 100  Y 41 B 7		M 100%
yellow		Y 100  M 5		Y 100%
black		K 100			K 100%

I think if I was to give a printer a pdf, I would give him the one from Scribus

If I had to produce my own separations, I woulld be happy with Scribus output.

Limit of knowledge.

--

Owen