[Scribus] Re: Compiling cvs on Mandrake 9.2

Scott Karns scottkinsf
Mon Dec 6 05:18:41 CET 2004

On Sunday 05 December 2004 22:41, Craig Bradney wrote:

> The build system does a match of kde 3.x to qt 3.x,
> but there is no requirement for 3.3 (although it
> will be the minimum for 1.3cvs, by way of testing,
> perhaps not for functionality)
>
> Craig

That doesn't seem to be the case for me. I had no
problems building from daily CVS snapshots on Mandrake
10.0 before the CVS server went down. Now I am
experiencing the same problem as that reported by
Christoph Schäfer.

Mandrake 10.0 installs KDE 3.2.3 and Qt 3.2.3 and I
haven't built and installed anything newer. I notice
that most of the files in the admin directory have
all been updated since the server crashed. I see that
there is code in acinclude.m4.in that appears to
allow for earlier releases of Qt, but I don't know
how to specify a Qt version at make time.

I'm supporting a school newspaper produced by high
school students, and scribus has been working well
for them, occasional SIGNAL 11's, but not frequent
enough to be a big problem. It's nice to be able to
build from CVS to get the latest features as well
as bug fixes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Scott