[Scribus] Re: Re: Fonts look bad at first with PDF plugin in browser

Alexander Skwar listen
Thu Dec 2 08:55:00 CET 2004

Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 December 2004 21:44, Alexander Skwar wrote:
>> Craig Bradney schrieb:

>> > Changed my mind.. its quick.  Stop using Acrobat plugin in Moz. Works
>> > quick in konqueror :)
>>
>> It's slow in Acrobat Reader 6.0 in IE as well. As you can see at
>> http://www.uploadimages.net/show.php?img=592248_PDF_AcroReader6.0_Bad_Looki
>>ng.png Acrobat 6.0 also does not always redraw the PDF to be good looking.
>
> Always always always fine here, esp under firefox on doze.

Some more screenshots, with Acrobat 5.0 plugin in Firefox on XP:

http://www.uploadimages.net/show.php?img=353385_PDF_Non_Vectorized_-_Slow,_but_good.png
http://www.uploadimages.net/show.php?img=456378_PDF_Vectorized_-_Very_ugly,_Extremely_slow.png

The first image shows how http://stuff.alexander.skwar.name/Scribus/Vectorized.pdf
is displayed here, and the second screenshot shows
http://stuff.alexander.skwar.name/Scribus/Not_Vectorized.pdf

The Not_Vectorized version is looking very nice, while it takes "ages"
to load the fonts, the Vectorized version takes even longer ages to
render and the result is very bad.

What is doing scribus, that the results are so very differently?

Alexander Skwar
--
Higgins: Doolittle, you're either an honest man or a rogue.
Doolittle: A little of both, Guv'nor.  Like the rest of us, a