[Scribus] Re: Re: Fonts look bad at first with PDF plugin in browser

Alexander Skwar listen
Wed Dec 1 18:18:12 CET 2004

? Craig Bradney wrote:

> On Wednesday 01 December 2004 16:53, Alexander Skwar wrote:
>> Craig Bradney wrote:

>> > I consider a .5s time to load the fonts perfectly reasonable though.
>>
>> I don't - especially since other PDF forms don't show this behaviour.
>
> But the machine doesnt HAVE the fonts. Depending on where the fonts are
> embedded in the PDF, there may just be a slight delay.

Yes, I understand :) But why o why does it happen only with this
tiny document? I mean, we're talking about close to 200 KiB. At work,
loaded over 100 MBit/s with (sometimes) about 20 Megabinarybyte/s.

Again: Why does it not happen with other documents? This is the
*ONLY* document where I have *EVER* seen this behaviour!

That's why I consider this an issue. If other documents would
also show this behaviour, I'd agree. But they don't.

>> > Tried the vector version?
>>
>> Hm? You mean, when I select "yes" in Settings -> Fonts?
>
> Export to PDF, Fonts, Subset all fonts. In cvs only.

Where's the CVS at? According to http://web2.altmuehlnet.de/fschmid/download.html
the following should've worked:

u-alexander-skwar-name at hetzner:~/stuff/Scribus/cvs$ export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk:/cvs
u-alexander-skwar-name at hetzner:~/stuff/Scribus/cvs$ cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs at ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk:2401/cvs
CVS password:
Fatal error, aborting.
anoncvs: no such user

Alexander Skwar
--
QOTD:
 "It's sort of a threat, you see.  I've never been very good at