[Scribus] Re: Fonts look bad at first with PDF plugin in browser

Craig Bradney cbradney
Wed Dec 1 15:02:39 CET 2004

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 14:40, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Craig Bradney wrote:
> > My question is more why are you seeing this issue and I am not at all.
>
> Well, you saw the issue as well - with 6.0. You didn't see
> the issue with 5.0 on Linux, because that's not the same
> version I used - I used 5.0 on Window.s

Err, no, I never saw the issue on Acroreader 6.0. However, I think Peter's
explanation almost covers it. I have one issue though. You said you reduced
the number of fonts and it didnt make any difference to the speed? That would
be very strange if the PDF size and location of fonts within it were the
issue. You should see a speedup if its smaller, only logical. Somethings
weird. Any issues in the webserver logs for that access?

Craig