[Scribus] Re: a template directory?

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu
Mon Aug 30 08:25:04 CEST 2004

Zhang Weiwu wrote:

> I think many people might have thought about this, perhaps it is
> already going on?
>
> That is, how about a open/free template directory? I myself after made
> some publications, would like to re-fill the publication with sample
> text and upload it under a free license for other people to re-use,
> also for myself to reuse. If the publications are non-confidiencial,
> perhaps I will simple upload any finished publications so others could
> modify it to fit his/her use. And we can hold "publication competition":)
>
> micros~1 Publisher [TM] is more welcome in the family/SOHO than other
> professional tools because it has good guide / template system, a SOHO
> use can simply select the one looks mostly like what he/she wish to
> do, and make a new one by modify it.
>
> Just an idea. I personally won't have time to setup a directory for
> scibus but if there is one I'll like to upload all my future works:)

Okay, I didn't notice there is already a template download area. But
there are just two few templates, and I keep getting 404 error for
downloading every template.

 > fetch -v http://www.scribus.org.uk/scribus/samples/tux.sla.gz
looking up www.scribus.org.uk
connecting to www.scribus.org.uk:80
requesting http://www.scribus.org.uk/scribus/samples/tux.sla.gz

404 Not Found

Not Found
The requested URL /scribus/samples/tux.sla.gz was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the
request.

Apache/2.0.47 (Unix) PHP/4.3.2 Server at www.scribus.org.uk Port 80

fetch: http://www.scribus.org.uk/scribus/samples/tux.sla.gz: Not Found