[Scribus] can't paste text into text box

Craig Ringer craig
Fri Aug 27 23:09:11 CEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 05:08, Franz Schmid wrote:
> Penelope Spencer schrieb:
> > I'm using version 1.2cvs and have started having a problem with
> > pasting text into text boxes. If I copy some text from another
> > application it just doesn't recognise that I have anything to paste
> > when I get back into scribus, even if I use the story editor. Has
> > anyone else had the same problem or have any advice?

[snip]

> But there will be for sure a 1.2.1 release in about a month or so, where we will fix
> all major bugs seen in 1.2

If you're using KDE, there appears to be a fairly simple workaround in
the mean time. Right click on the "Klipper" icon in the taskbar/tray,
and in the general prefs under "Clipboard/Selection Behaviour" change it
from "Separate clipboard and selection" to "Synchronize contents of the
clipboard and selection".

This will change the behaviour of copy/paste globally however, so you
may not want to do it depending on how you use copy/paste. GNOME, at
least the version I tested with, seems to work this way by default
though so it's probably not going to be a big deal for most people.

--
Craig Ringer