[Scribus] blank entry in combo box ?

Paraplegic Racehorse paraplegic_racehorse
Fri Aug 27 06:35:33 CEST 2004

I've been trying to generate a PDF form with a series of combo boxes
listing each of my taxicabs. In some cases, I will want nothing to
appear in the printed result. How do I create a blank entry in a combo
box? I've tried using a blank line (apparently ignored), 0% opaque text
(100% transparent - Scribus crash), and non-printing characters (tabs,
spaces, etc. - Scribus crash). In each case of a Scribus crash, it has
crashed when I tell Story Editor to update and close.

I'm using 1.2RC1 on SuSE 9.1

Any suggestions?

This would be much easier if I could set up a data-source (delimited
text file would be fine) because when it comes time to change the form
(by adding or subtracting vehicles, for instance), I will have to
manually edit each individual combo-box; a not terribly pleasant task.