[Scribus] Compiling error with CVS and Mandrake 10

Craig Bradney cbradney
Wed Aug 25 09:02:01 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 10:54, Francis Giraldeau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote about a bug with compiling the latest CVS version of scribus
> with Mandrake. It's not fixed yet. This is what I try:
>
> $ export WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5="1"
> $ export WANT_AUTOMAKE="1.7"

run an autoconf --version and automake --version to check you are
getting those versions you request. WANT_AUTOCONF=2.5 is the new format
on a few distros.

> even with
>
> $ export LDFLAGS="-lm"
>
> I do:
>
> $ make -f Makefile.dist
> scribus/Makefile.am:191: invalid unused variable name: `AM_LDFLAGS'

automake is too new.

> Suspicious error:
> scribus/plugins/Makefile.am:6: variable `pyt' not defined
>
> But the real error when compiling is:
> about.cpp:2:21: about.moc: No such file or directory
>
> What is the purpose of these files? They are not in the repository...

They are generated on build.

> http://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/pipermail/scribus/2003-October/002830.html
>
> Said that the answer would be about qt-devel... And everything is
> installed.
>
> Even with the official tarball of the RC1, it doesn't work.
>
> So, I don't know realy what to do. Any idea? I would be very happy to
> make it work to update the gulus's scribus mirror.

Try to check out a clean cvs directory or extract your tarball into a
new directory. The issue is with the automake version you have.

Craig