[Scribus] Printing on hp color laserjet 4500

Chris Smith chris
Mon Aug 16 17:57:44 CEST 2004

On Monday 16 August 2004 10:04 am, Morten Langlo wrote:
> If I print without Color Management the pictures look really "flat",
> and if I use Color Management the pictures are too much orange. I have
> tried different printer profiles - some standard and also the one for
> the hp 4500 found in a driver package for NT.

I have the same issues working with an HP 3700 Color Laser Jet. I have to
manually boost the color density from +2 to +3 from the printer's control
panel to get just useable results. None of the  color management combinations
worked well at all (very orange cast was typical of most) and using the
density boost with no color management has so far been the only acceptable
compromise.

Oddly enough an old laptop with Win98 prints a beautiful vibrant picture from
MS Publisher (with no manual boosting of the color density). I have found no
reason for the difference yet.

I do need to do some more testing. Such as printing from other apps besides
Scribus on the Linux system (which uses CUPS and the NT PS PPD) as well as
trying the PS driver on the Win98 system (it installs the PCL driver by
default) to see if HP is favoring the PCL driver.

Chris