[Scribus] cvs Story-Editor p-styles

Craig Bradney cbradney
Fri Aug 6 13:29:13 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 12:52, Ralf-Diether Ebel (ATN-GmbH) wrote:
> Fist i like to say that the new story-editor is a great improvement, especially
> when have to format smaller texts.

Thanks

> For longer texts I think it would be better to have the paragraph-style of each
> paragraph viewable on the left side. You have not to click into every paragraph
> to see its style.

The problem is, like it was with SEv1, the amount of GUI controls you
need then depends on the paragraphs you have and can become a huge
number. We recently had someone loading a 450 page document into SEv1,
and it failed, more than likely due to memory issues, when they upgraded
to CVS, with SEv2 it worked fine. While this might be considered
extreme, it is possible that it will be done. I see your point that it
is easier to see at a glance, but all cases have to be considered.

>  But what to you think about selecting the style from an open
> window (like Openoffice) and not via dropdown boxes? It would be much faster.

Right now, I think we are too close to string freeze (possibly tonight!)
and too close to the 1.2 release to do such a thing. However, Franz's
magic often gets into action pretty quickly, although just last night we
were discussing how SEv2 is almost complete now.

regards
Craig