[Scribus] Problem exporting chinese caracters in PDF

Craig Ringer craig
Thu Apr 29 05:32:31 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 09:31, Peter Linnell wrote:

> >From what I can see, this should print perfectly, even on commercial
> printing presses, but I can verify this in the next day or so sending it
> to a RIP. I do not expect any issue, based on past experience.

I typically get much more reliable results when type is converted to
outlines in PDFs than when the whole font is embedded. This is
particularly true when PDFs are embedded into Quark and the whole
document gets turned into another PDF later.

Clients are strongly encouraged to send all work with type converted to
outlines. It tends to avoid nasty surprises at press time, when the
embedded font is _almost_ right, so Acrobat handles it fine but the RIP
does not.

So - I'd heartily agree with you there.

Craig Ringer