[Scribus] Problem exporting chinese caracters in PDF

Vladimir Zborowski vladimir
Wed Apr 28 23:48:49 CEST 2004

Hello,
First, thanks again for this amazing application. I'm using it regularly
for my personnal stuff and was dying to get an opportunity to use it at
work. Unfortunately, most of the time, the clients demand an Xpress
file. But this time, a job needs to be done with chinese text that
Xpress can't handle. I told them I might have a solution and made my
tests. Everything works perfectly in Scribus, except the PDF export :
the chinese caracters won't show up.
I'm using Scribus 1.1.6 on Mandrake 10 community. The chinese font is AR
PL KaitiM GB Regular.
I ask Scribus to embeded it in the PDF and it seems to be there but
under the name GBZenKai-Medium (as mentioned in  Acrobat 5).
If anyone had an idea where could tell me where I should start to
investigate, that would be a great help. Should I (try to) upgrade to
the last CVS version ?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Vlad
PS: the files I'm having trouble with are there :
http://www.sladshot.org/scribus/Simple_chinese.pdf
http://www.sladshot.org/scribus/Simple_chinese.sla
http://www.sladshot.org/scribus/Simple_chinese.eps