[Scribus] Re: Scribus on FreeBSD

Thomas Zastrow chef
Mon Apr 19 17:46:00 CEST 2004

Craig Bradney wrote:

>Hi Thomas
>
>I'm quite sure you have Scribus on freebsd so I'm wondering if you have
>some ideas on this. I have a friend trying to get Scribus to compile on
>FreeBSD (sorry, I forget the version, it will be up to date).

<snip />

Hi Craig,

sorry, I don't know if I can help you .. at the moment I'm just running
Scribus 1.0.1 on my old Laptop with FreeBSD 4.7. Normaly, on FreeBSD, I
just use the ports-collection for adding software and don't try to
configure / compile it on myself  .. just run "make" and "make install"
- that's it ;-)

As you can see on

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=Scribus&stype=all

it seems that nobody has ported a more actual version to the
ports-collection. I'll send them an eMail!!!

Greetings,

Tom