[Scribus] Scribus on FreeBSD

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Apr 19 11:52:13 CEST 2004

Hi Thomas

I'm quite sure you have Scribus on freebsd so I'm wondering if you have
some ideas on this. I have a friend trying to get Scribus to compile on
FreeBSD (sorry, I forget the version, it will be up to date).

Two issues that arise right now.
automake is 1.5, not sure if this causes the 2nd problem. He says
automake 1.7 is called automake17 on fbsd. Is there some hack to
configure scripts require for freebsd?on most linux distros you just
export WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.7 and it uses it.

2nd issue is that although he has freetype 1.3 and 2.1.7 configure
doesnt find the 2.1.7 when he extracts from the 1.1.6 tarball and runs
configure.

Hes now downloaded CVS and therefore needs to run make -f Makefile.dist
and gets a "make: dont know how to make acinclude.m4. Stop" error.

Any ideas?

thanks heaps
Craig