[Scribus] transparent SVG embossement

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Mon Apr 19 03:12:55 CEST 2004

On Sunday 18 April 2004 07:38 pm, Khiraly wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I want to create an embossement of my page.
> For this I have made the opacity of my logo to ~10%
> and make it an grayscale-SVG version.
> Saved as plain-SVG, and its imported just fine in scribus.
>
> In scribus it looks good, and that's what I want to see
> on my paper too.
> BUT when I print or convert it to pdf, also it loses the
> opacity attribute.
>
> Here is the scribus(sla) file:
> http://www.pvvbitech.hu/dtp/pvvbitechAlap.sla
> And here is the generated pdf file:
> http://www.pvvbitech.hu/dtp/pvvbitechAlap.pdf
>
> What can I do to solve this problem?
> It would be really funny to have some embossement ...
> Or is it a workaround for it?
>
> Cheers,
>  Khiraly

To enable transparency, you must enable "Use PDF 1.4 Transparency Features" in
Edit > Preferences > Display.

Then it exports exactly as displayed in Scribus. Note: not all PDF viewers
will display transparency properly, as it is a PDF 1.4 feature. Acro Reader
5.0.8 is most reliable with this.

Cheers,
Peter