[Scribus] Re: [Scribus 0000462]: PDF export resets color tints to solids

linuxlingam linuxlingam
Sun Apr 18 22:21:33 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 01:42, scribusbugs at bradney.info wrote:
> The following bug has been RESOLVED.
> http://scribus.bradney.info/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=0000462
[snip]
>  linuxlingam - 04-18-2004 20:44 CEST
> on the left page, the gradient of black turned to 100% black from a light
> tint.
> on the right, the tint of black in a polygon turned to 100% black.
> all this in the pdf version of the sla.
> pdf transparacy was checked in preferences, to on.

that's the problem i have described.

>  plinnell - 04-18-2004 22:08 CEST
> Looking at the "Click to Submit Button", I can see the issue. It is a bit
> confusing as a UI issue and also a limitation of PDF forms field
> formatting. this is an area which needs more documentation.
>
> The correct way to format text for annotations and buttons is to select
> the text field right click > "Field Properties" and select the font and
> colors from there. To my knowledge, form fields, buttons and other
> interactive PDF fields are limited to the "base 14 fonts" which are
> included with Acro Reader.
>
> Moreover, you cannot directly apply gradients and tints to form fields,
> but you *can* define custom colors. This is a limitation of the PDF spec.
> The idea is that a form created for Acro Reader will only  use fonts which
> the Reader supplies itself - thus maintaining layout and sizing as
> intended.

er.. that's some other problem, not in this bug. please check the files
i have uploaded to the bug as well. am not talking about text fields
etc. am talking about text frames, with gradients and tints, that export
with tints reset to 100%.

??!
LL