[Scribus] Translations (thread former known as"French Translation")

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Wed Apr 14 22:09:53 CEST 2004

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:10:03 +0200
Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au> wrote:

---CUT---
> We HAD hoped (a few months ago) for a 1.2 final release for next weekend
> or the weekend after. Now it looks like mid-late June. Remember: 1.2 is
> supposed to be a stable release, its not just like 1.1.3,4,5,6,...
>
> 1.2 will be what ALL the distributions use as a stable release.
>
> I expect that 1.1.7 will be released in the next 2-4 weeks. Franz is
> going to Linux Expo in London next Monday and I guess he wont have much
> time to hack in Scribus code. The rest of us will continue on the normal
> stuff that we are doing (docs, website, IRC, mailing list)
>
> > In return, the
> > current translators could let the developers know, if
> > they can/want make their translations in time. Please
> > mind, there are roughly 2.0000 strings to be
> > translated (as of yesterday in my Polish TS file).
>
> It would be worth updating now. Theres about 2000 strings if you have to
> start from the beginning (although u can convert from .po to ts). Most
> of the strings will NOT change now for the 1.2 release. We have added
> heaps of tooltips and then made changes to various ones after some
> advice in IRC, so MOST of them should be final as they stand. We will
> more than likely add more, and and more GUI strings.
>
> Getting up to date now will stand you in good stead for the planned 2
> week string freeze for 1.2.

---CUT---

Since 1.1.7 is rather close and 1.2 not so far away, let's have a look at the current state of the UI translations.

Contents of  Scribus/scribus/po as of today:

Apr 13 22:54 scribus.en_GB.ts
Apr 11 14:47 scribus.br.ts
Apr  5 23:52 scribus.uk.ts
Apr  3 23:18 scribus.fi.ts
Mar 30 23:52 scribus.pl_PL.ts
Mar 30 00:00 scribus.de.ts
Mar 14 22:59 scribus.da_DK.ts
Mar  4 22:56 scribus.cs_CZ.ts
Feb 19 00:34 scribus.cy.ts
Jan 14 23:56 scribus.ru.ts

#   These files were last updated last year
Oct 21 00:07 scribus.fr.po
Oct  1  2003 scribus.es_LA.po
Oct  1  2003 scribus.hu.po
Oct  1  2003 scribus.it.po
Oct  1  2003 scribus.nl.po
Oct  1  2003 scribus.sk_SK.po
Aug  1  2003 scribus.id.po
Jun 30  2003 scribus.no_NO.po

#   These files were last updated long before the release of Scribus 1.0
May 13  2003 scribus.tr_TR.po
May 13  2003 scribus.lt_LT.po
May 13  2003 scribus.galician.po
May 13  2003 scribus.es_ES.po