[Scribus] French Translation (not only)

MaHan ma_han2000
Wed Apr 14 10:50:12 CEST 2004

 > What do you mean by french translation. Are you
> talking about Scribus menus and
> dialogs or the complete help. In both cases I could
> help. Yves seem to talk
> about  this as a past thing, I can understand, it
> was a lot of work.

It's about the French user interface translation, I
presume. The French language file, which you can find
in the Scribus-1.1.6 tar archive
(scribus-1.1.6/scribus/po/scribus.fr.po), hasn't been
updated for almost 6 months, so there surely is plenty
to be done. Some of us moved from PO to TS file format
(for more start with this thread
http://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/pipermail/scribus/2004-January/003913.html
).

It would be very helpful for all contributors, if the
Scribus developers committed themselves to at least a
rough release plan for Scribus 1.2RC1 (is it a
question of days, weeks or months?). In return, the
current translators could let the developers know, if
they can/want make their translations in time. Please
mind, there are roughly 2.0000 strings to be
translated (as of yesterday in my Polish TS file).

Just my 2 euro cents.
best regards
Maciej

Mit sch?nen Gr??en von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de