[Scribus] CVS

Tom Jakabfy tjakabfy
Tue Apr 13 19:53:11 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 08:06 am, Louis Desjardins wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>
> Obviously I am currently working with 1.1.6 but not the latest
> version. (?) You are talking about cvs. How can I get and install cvs
> on my Mandrake and on my OS X ? What is a cvs for Scribus?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Louis
I think those who have never used it would get a lot out of reading the
article in Linux Format Magazine LXF47 (Dec. 2003) on page 60.

As a newbie to CVS it was very easy to follow and made life easier. It does a
great job on explaining CVS! Then the following will make sense.
export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk:/usr/local/cvsroot
cvs login
password = "enter" key
cvs -z3 co Scribus

After you accomplish the download though you must make sure that you follow
way to  the build of the 'configure' file with

make -f Makefile.dist
If you have the correct versions of automake and autoconf then you won't get
error messages. If you have error messages then get the latest libraries of
automake and autoconf. You may also have to reset some environmental
variables like

export WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5=1

and then

./configure --prefix= (directory you want to Scribus in) eg. /home/tom/mycvs/
make
su
make install
make clean