[Scribus] note of appreciation

Greg.Larramore at rrd.com Greg.Larramore
Mon Apr 12 16:38:37 CEST 2004

Dear LL,

Very nicely written compliments regarding Scribus and the Scribus team.

I, too, am VERY excited about Scribus. I'm new to the program, and just
beginning to discover its capabilities. It looks good so far, and it feels
good to be able to do page layout in my favorite environment--Linux.

I'm also appreciating the mailing list. I have received kind and
considerate responses from individuals on the list to every question I
have asked so far.

Best,

Greg

linuxlingam <linuxlingam at bhairon.com>
Sent by: scribus-bounces at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
04/10/2004 10:59 AM

Scribus <scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de>
cc

Subject
[Scribus] note of appreciation

dear all,

this is to express to the mailing list, my appreciation for the speed
and quality of work that franz, craig, and all the others in the Scribus
team, put into their project.

am amazed at the speed at which they track bugs, try to resolve them,
fix them, introduce new features, as well as offer lightning response on
the mailing list and IRC chat.

have been actively using scribus for one of my own projects, and i could
never imagine that scribus would evolve almost as soon as i would wish
it.

just downloaded the cvs of 10th april, and about 5 days prior to that
had downloaded the 5th april build. love the 'constant refinement' or
kaizen, that occurs in this software.

also, the documentation is sparse. thus, the more i dig into scribus,
the more i am impressed with its undocumented and subtle features and
nice touches here and there. like taking mathematical operators in
dialog boxes, scroll mouse shortcuts, copy-and-paste page numbers via
scrapbook, and so on.

i must admit i initially thought scribus was in early development and
had limited capabilities, but am delighted to note how robust,
well-engineered, and feature-laden it actually is. am so glad i was
proved wrong. :-)

working as an end-user in scribus is quite exciting, as i feel i am part
of the development team, offering suggestions and reporting bugs that
get resolved.

closely watching scribus since its inception about two years ago, i can
finally say with relief i have migrated 100% to do all my page-layout
and typography in scribus. thanks for such a great software, and hope
the journey for all of us into digitally free typography and page design
has just begun.

:-)
LL