[Scribus] Background with opacity

Owen rcook
Tue Apr 6 06:45:30 CEST 2004

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 16:34:30 -0400
"Danny L. Brow" <fms at ca.istop.com> wrote:

> I am trying to insert a background graphic with about 10% opacity but
> when I do the graphic is normal with 100% opacity, that's what happens
> with a GIF format image, with PNG I get 100% opacity when the image is
> anything more then 50% opacity but when it's less even like 45% I get no
> image, just a blank graphic box.

I created a document with 4 png images. 100%, 75%, 50% and 25% opacity (in Gimp)

The images showed their 'opacity' in the workong document, but

Export->pdf	All images same opacity, 100% )(Xpdf 3)
Save As->SVG    Inkscape couldn't read the images on reopen
Save As->EPS    When opened in the Gimp, 100% and 75% showed but the 50% and 25% images were not resolved.

All of this was of curiousity value as I am not sure what it all means. Anyway, it sort of confirms your results

Owen