[Scribus] imposition or reader?

linuxlingam linuxlingam
Sat Apr 3 21:22:30 CEST 2004

dear all,

am just thinking aloud to myself:

a download of adobeacrobat reader 5.0.8, at a whopping 9mb, is happening
in the background. so far, all the pdfs created from scribus look
disappointing when rendered under linux-native utilities such as xpdf,
kpdf, and several others.

also read on the scribus site that i could even consider running acrobat
under wine.

so all this makes me think: wouldn't it be great if rather than
imposition, the pdf-viewing and rendering issue had its own GPLed
utility? then scribus could be used as both dtp and as adobe designer
9the acrobat forms designer), and the scribusPDFviewer, or whatever you
call it, the much-needed pdf-display and handling software. no need to
write it from scratch. just advance the work of the existing pdf
viewers.

please, this is just my two bits on this. just a thought that occurred
to me.

:-)
LL