[Scribus] Registerhaltigkeit

Mardigrafe - Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Fri Apr 2 18:50:22 CEST 2004

Hello Marcel,

The text in the right column can certainly be adjusted so all three columns align perfectly.

This is typically a good example where a "lock to grid" feature would be helpful. [Feature request ;-)]

The text hangs to the element that is just on top of it. In that case, in the 2 firsts columns text is perfectly aligned and hangs from the picture box. The 3rd one hangs on the text box which is just a little too low. Enlarge your text box from the top precisely to the amount of space you want the last line to go up and everything will be in place. (It is a matter of a few points) Also, you might have to adjust your picture box (and maybe the pic itself) to make sure everything fits. What might happen when you do so is one line of text going on top of the picture if you open up too much on the top. Again, with a few adjustements, you should be able to get everything in place.

I can't remember if there is a feature that lets you control how the text runs around an element. It could also be done that way (with the "bottom" value).

Tell me if it works ok. I don't have Scribus installed on my day job computer (sorry!) so I try to remember the features and I also try to remember how we used to deal with this kind of issue in the earlier versions of QuarkXPress.

Auf wiedersehen!

Louis

--

MARDIGRAFE INC.