[Scribus] Compile Error

Patrick magicpage91
Sat Sep 27 18:34:49 CEST 2003

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 11:36:27 -0400
Joe Villari <joev_nylxs at pipeline.com> wrote:

> Kobus Wolvaardt wrote:
> > Looks like M_PI and other math stuf isn't recognized (are you using
> > gcc 2.95?). That means you have to add #include math.h to the
> > culprit file wich should only be svgplugin.cpp. Someone had this
> > problem a few week's ago also you could try and find that posts
> > also.
> >
> > First try adding #include math.h to the top of svgplugin.cpp and al
> > the files that gives any math related errors.
> >
> > Good luck
> >
> > Kobus
> >

> After adding #include <math.h> to svgplugin.cpp I was able to complete
>
> the make and make install without any errors for both scribus and
> scribus scripting.
>
> Now when I run scribus from the command line it opens scribus .9.1.1
> instaed of 1.1.0.
>
> What do I do to get 1.1.0 to run?
>
> Joe
=========================

Did you remove the old version you had installed on your system?  0.9?
If your original Scribus was installed by your Linux distro, you should
remove it first with rpm -e scribus, if it's a rpm based distro.
Probably now you have two versions installed, because your distro
installed in one location and the compile installs in another.  It seems
to be finding your original install first, to start.

To get 1.1.0 to run, you will need to start it from a shell with the
exact location.  Like this:  /usr/local/bin/scribus (that is the default
install on a compile, unless you tell it different)

Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---
        Registered Linux User #225206