[Scribus] Scribus PDF Capabilities / PDF Gallery

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Tue Sep 23 04:00:48 CEST 2003

Hi all,

Now with the new domain, mille thanks to Paul Johnson, we can do some
things which were difficult before. One of the first things I want to
add is a gallery of user's documents to demonstrate how good Scribus is
with PDF.

The first one I have put up is here:

http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/scribus/documentation/pdfs/ccic.pdf.gz

This is a 27 page presentation PDF I made 100% with just Scribus,
GsView, pstoedit, Sketch and Sodipodi and GIMP. All open source tools
and all on my modest PII-450 Linux (RH8) box. This was used for a
presentation on PDF and the web to a local high tech association last
week.

I recommend downloading it and opening this in full screen mode in
Acrobat Reader 5.0x for the full effect. It's 4.2 mb and I have gzipped
it to encourage saving as, instead of loading in the browser...

Drop me a line or post to the list if you have one you would like to
add..

Peter