[Fwd: Re: [Scribus] Support for PDF/X-3?]

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Tue Sep 23 02:47:58 CEST 2003

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Peter Linnell <scribusdocs at atlantictechsolutions.com>
To: gorbo at bonetmail.com
Subject: Re: [Scribus] Support for PDF/X-3?
Date: 22 Sep 2003 18:15:53 -0400

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 07:26, G?ran Bondeson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm preparing some tests for an article on Scribus in a swedish computer
> magazine. When saving to PDF I cannot chose the PDF/X-3 tab in the PDF
> dialogue. Im on a i686 with SuSE 8.2 installed with Scribus 1.1.0
> compiled from scratch without any trouble. Did I miss something when
> compiling to get the PDF/X-3 support? Or are there any other settings
> I've missed?
>

> Anyone got a suggestion?
>
> Thanks for all the good work done on Scribus.
>
> All the best,
> G?ran Bondeson

You need to disable transparency in Edit> Preferences > General >
Display. PDF/X-3 does not support it because it is based on PDF 1.3 -
which does not support transparency.

Also you need littlecms installed and Scribus compiled so it supports
lcms.

Complete instructions are here:

http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/scribus/documentation/pdfx3.html

Make sure you put something in the info box, other wise it will fail
PDF/X-3 compliancy tests.

That said, every time I have tested PDF/X-3 output from Scribus, it
passes - this with both the PDFInspektor from callas.de and Acrobat 6
with Pit Stop Pro.

Hope that helps,
Peter