[Scribus] Page Templates

Bill Carini crisbill
Fri Sep 19 01:39:13 CEST 2003

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 10:16:56PM -0400, Wesley T Allen wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 September 2003 10:56 pm, you wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 11:09:49PM -0400, Wesley T Allen wrote:
> > >        2. I've got a bunch of fonts that aren't showing up in Scribus,
> > > even though other fonts in the same directory do show up.  Any way to
> > > force scribus to use all my fonts?
> >
> > Find out how to make fonts.scale and fonts.dir files for your font
> > directory, and how to generate .afm files for your fonts. If you are using
> > Debian I can tell you how to do this. Some have suggested that installing
> > your fonts with KFontinstaller is a convenient way to do these things.
>
> Well, I'm on Mandrake (seriously considering Knoppix) and kfontinstaller
> killed my fonts the last time I used it so I'm kinda leery.
> I can make fonts.dir and fonts.scale no problem (ttmkfdir), but generating
> .afm files is harder...any ideas?

I followed the directions in:
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/TT-Debian.html

I installed the tetex-bin package in order to have the ttf2afm utility. I put
this script in my TrueType fonts directory:

#! /bin/sh

set -e

for i in *.ttf
do
        /usr/bin/ttf2afm $i > ${i%ttf}afm
done

Running this script will generate .afm's for all of your TrueType fonts.

--Bill

This email was brought to you by the Mutt E-Mail Client (www.mutt.org)
and Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)

Use GnuPG for confidential email. (www.gnupg.org)