[Scribus] Tri-fold Brochure

Patrick magicpage91
Thu Sep 18 05:03:58 CEST 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:00:11 -0400
Wesley T Allen <wezlo at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
> 	I'm working on creating a tri-fold brochure and am having some
> 	dificulty
> getting it to print correctly.  I'm using US-Letter paper and the main
>
> problem I'm having is with the left column (first page of the
> brochure), I can't get it to center correctly when folded.
> 	I figure I'll just create a template that has guides to show
> 	where the
> columns should be; if anyone could tell me how wide the columns should
> be, and how much gutter space I should have, I'd really appreciate it
> as I'm getting sick of monkeying around!
>
> Wes
> --
> " Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go
> away."-Philip K. Dick
>
> ======================

Wes,

I would make my first column, print that out, getting proper placement
on the page.  Remember also, that most printers, deskjet or laserjet,
usually will widen the left margin, because the way the paper is pulled
into the printer.  So in knowing that, it is probably best to move the
first column a little further left than you think it should be.  If you
are doing 3 columns, probably 3" columns will work which gives you
approximately 1" to play with for the gutters or .5" gutter between the
columns 1-2 & 2-3.  That allows for about .5" margins on 8.5" x 11"
letter size paper.

Of course, you can make the columns a bit larger, but cutting down the
gutter will make it more difficult to do your folds.  Once you make your
first column and pleased with placement after printout, copy it and
place the other two on the page.

Hopefully that helps a bit, not knowing exactly what your problem is.

:o)
Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---