[Scribus] Artefacts & Color mismatch problems in 1.1

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Wed Sep 17 00:43:45 CEST 2003

Wolfgang Rumpf wrote:
> Just installed 1.1 using fink on OS X - the rendering is definitely
> better in this one! But a few problems; don't know if they are Mac
> specific or not:
>
> 1. Artefacts - existing documents made in 1.0.1 may have unselectable,
> non-printing and non exporting (to PDF) visual artefacts; e.g. looks
> like frames or lines where know I didn't put any, and I cannot
> select/remove them. But they don't print or export...
>
> screenshot:
> http://homepage.mac.com/evildrbob/.cv/evildrbob/Public/artefact.pdf-binhex.hqx
>

> (the right-hand column has what appears to be a partial frame
> within/overlapping the text - this doesn't print and isn't selectable)
These Artefacts are a Bug in 1.1.0, they are caused by the linked Textframes.
Today I've managed to fix these things.

> 2. Colors - text colors aren't always WYSIWYG; images may be washed with
> blue - e.g. black text looks fine on screen and printed/exported to PDF,
> but setting text color to blue makes the text appear green on screen
> although it prints/exports as blue. Images are blue/white washed on
> screen but also print/export fine.
Maybe a bug in your libart library, what version are you using? On Intel base
Linux Systems everything works fine. It seems that it has something to do with
byte-swapping the RGB Values on your Mac.

Best Regards,
Franz Schmid