[Scribus] Afrikaans translation

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Mon Sep 15 15:45:31 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 09:38, Kobus Wolvaardt wrote:
> I have not translated anything before, but would like to. Where can I
> find more info? There is a kde Afrikaans team would they be able to
> help?

Almost certainly, they can give you some pointers.
> Or can I just take the pot file and insert the text? Where can I
> find Kbabel etc.?

Kbabel is usually included with the KDE kdedsk package - at least on RH.
It also seems to have pretty complete documentation.

The most recent .pot file is here:
http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/scribus/scribus.pot

> I also have an Afrikaans hyphenation tool (for Latex) How hard would it
> be to port? Someone said Scribus' hyphenation is based on Latex.
>
> Thanks,
> Kobus
>
> P.S. I would also like to say very good job on 1.1 its very nice. Our
> newspaper which launches between December and March (depending on our
> editor) will be layed out with scribus.

That is very interesting, please provide a sample PDF link if possible.
It is always interesting to see how folks are using Scribus.

Cheers,
Peter