[Scribus] Problems with Scribus 1.1.0

Martin Costabel costabel
Fri Sep 12 13:49:58 CEST 2003

PFJ wrote:

>>>That one must have slipped past me.
>>
>>It seems that it is not needed on all platforms. On Mac OSX, for
>>example, it compiles without this. The dependency-checking engine (the
>>thing that produces ".deps") apparently includes cmath automagically.
>

> The dependancies thing shouldn't make much of a difference as that's
> only checking that you have Qt, libart and the such on your machine and
> a valid C++ compiler. It doesn't check the source to ensure that the
> correct headers are being used.

Thanks for the explanation. I don't understand any of this, I just
grepped around a bit and saw that one of the 711 lines of the file
plugins/svgimplugin/.deps/svgplugin.Plo is

   /usr/include/gcc/darwin/3.1/g++-v3/cmath \

from which I concluded that somehow indirectly it saw that it needed to
include this. Of course not by analyzing the source, but maybe
indirectly via some other header file.

Anyway, including <cmath> as in many of the other source files is, of
course, the right thing to do.

--
Martin