[Scribus] Problems with Scribus 1.1.0

PFJ paulf.johnson
Fri Sep 12 13:27:04 CEST 2003

> > That one must have slipped past me.
>
> It seems that it is not needed on all platforms. On Mac OSX, for
> example, it compiles without this. The dependency-checking engine (the
> thing that produces ".deps") apparently includes cmath automagically.

The dependancies thing shouldn't make much of a difference as that's
only checking that you have Qt, libart and the such on your machine and
a valid C++ compiler. It doesn't check the source to ensure that the
correct headers are being used.

The problem comes more in the implementation of the compiler rather than
Scribus. Mac OSX and newer linux distros come with gcc 3.1 or 3.2 as
standard - in theory, these should all be the same, however, they're not
- they have very small (but very annoying) differences. The obvious
workaround would be to conditionally compile for specific machines - but
then another problem crops up - do different distros use different
identifiers or are they just __GNU_LINUX__ I've never seen one to
differentiate between suse, redhat and mandrake, only for x86 and apple
machines. You can't even accomodate for different versions of the
compiler on different distros as gcc identifies itself as gcc__version
and that version is the same irrespective of the distro.

So, the simplest of all solutions, just add in #include <cmath> - if
nothing from the header is used, then there is nothing to worry about.

TTFN

Paul
--
Free your mind to a time where a company does not have control
Free your mind to a choice of applications which you can control