[Scribus] ANNOUNCE Release of Scribus 1.1.0

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Wed Sep 10 05:24:09 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 23:01, Steve Herrick wrote:
> Peter Linnell wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 17:45, Paul wrote:
> >
> >>Dear Franz,

> Holy cow, I just downloaded 1.0.1! Is it possible the pace of
> development is *too* fast? :)

Nope, They are a bunch of clever coders...

> I'll download 1.1 at work tomorrow. If the screenshot is any indication,
> this looks like a huge leap forward. Scribus once again outpaces my
> expectations. Thanks once again, Paul and Franz.

That screen shot was taken from my home workstation which has an OK
video card running at 1024x768.

The display on a 21" screen at 1520x1140 @100 hz with a high end Matrox
video card, running Mosfet's Liquid theme for KDE 3.1.3/RH9 with all the
transparency and shading effects enabled on a DTP workstation at one of
my clients is simply stunning.

It is not just the display, but the redraw speed is much faster with
fewer un-needed redraws.

Do not forget the other goody in this release is the SVG import plug-in
- not exactly a half hour job. It works really well with well-formed
compliant to spec SVG. Once you import SVG and un group the elements,
the SVG elements are editable - *Nice*. In testing, I could swap SVG
files between Sketch and Sodipodi to Scribus with few problems.

Cheers,
Peter