[Scribus] wrong directory, wrong units, wrong language

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Oct 28 04:10:06 CET 2003

Peter Linnell wrote:

>>Hi,
>>
>>I noticed this same thing (RH8, qt 3.0.5, gcc 3.2-7) and sent an email
>>to Franz.
>>His answer was that you're not supposed to change the units for the
>>current document in Preferences (that's for the next new document). To
>>change the units on the current page, you click the upper left corner of
>>the page (a little gray box that has 'pt' or 'mm' or 'in' inside).
>>Nonetheless, when you change the units in Preferences, it changes the
>>*labels* of the units on the current page, but the *values* remain in
>>the original setting (is this a bug, or just something you shouldn't do?).
>>
>>Greg Pittman
>>Louisville, KY
>>

>Thanks for this report. This is beginning to make sense. No smoking gun
>though.
>

>Possible solutions in order:
>
>1. Try the current CVS. You will need python devel libraries, as the
>scripter is now included with the main app. It is both *very* stable for
>CVS and has bunch of performance optimizations thanks to Paul Johnson.
>
>2. Upgrade to Qt 3.1.2
>
>3. Upgrade to RH 9.

Since I just bought a new laptop with RH9, I checked it out there and
still have this same measurement problem (Qt version is 3.1.1-6). Aside
from making any boxes, all you have to do to see the problem is watch
the values change as you move the mouse around the page. Also checking
the values in the Properties Toolbox when you do make a box shows that
they are wrong too.

Greg Pittman