[Scribus] Error compiling cvs with g++-2.95

Paul paul
Sun Oct 26 16:32:56 CET 2003

Hi,

> Compiling cvs version with g++-2.95 fails with :

> With g++-3.3 compiles correctly.

This doesn't suprise me in the least. A lot of the optimisations I've
made and will be making shortly may fail completely under 2.95.x. Quite
a lot of things were broken under 2.95.x (2.96 for RH) which work in
3.x.

In line with the recommendations of the gcc crew, as time moves on, they
recommend that support for 2.95.x is dropped. As yet, Franz, Peter,
Craig and I haven't reached a concensus on support for 2.95.x, but it
*looks* likely to be dropped.

TTFN

Paul
--