[Scribus] Cannot Compile on RH 8

Paul paul
Thu Oct 23 01:07:44 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Keep getting some recursion error on "make".  Driving
> me nuts.  I have tried tarballs of 1.1.1 too, same
> thing.  Even downloaded the latest cvs and same issue.
>  What is wrong here, what am I missing.  Cvs package
> talks about M4 environment var for recursion errors
> but no matter what I do with that var it fails.

You need automake 1.6 or above and autoconf 2.57. The versions shipped
with RH8 aren't up to the job. I would also recommend not using the gcc
supplied with RH8 (IIRC, it's 2.96 still), but upgrade to 3.2 (at
least).

All of the packages you will need are available from rpmfind.net

TTFN

Paul
--
One OS to fool them all