[Scribus] PDF forms with Scribus

MaHan ma_han2000
Tue Oct 21 18:01:28 CEST 2003

Hi Peter,
> Thanks for the update.
>
> Could this be a font or locale issue? I have seen
> the same type of thing
> happen with some TT fonts when opening on a Windows
> or Mac with files
> created on Linux.

Negative, at least I think so. It happens both on
Linux and Windows, both with files created on my
Polish Linux machine at home and German Linux machine
at work. I just created a new one-field-form on my
German machine, LANG=de_DE.ISO-8859-1 and with only
one font, Luxi Sans Medium. The attached file contains
this Scribus file, a Scribus-made PDF and the same PDF
form processed in Acrobat (the same procedure as
described in my previous mail). This behaviour can be
reproduced.

> Certain characters or glyphs display incorrectly.
> This is not so much a
> Linux or Scribus issue, but the the way certain
> glyphs names in TT fonts
> do not follow the Latin-1 spec.

I do not think, it has something to do with some
unusual glyphs, as the only glyphs I use in this form
are "bla bla". But let's proove the pudding: Could you
produce on your machine such a simple form with only
one field, set its value in the same way and see, if
it works for you in Acrobat Reader?

best regards
Maciej

Logos und Klingelt?ne f?rs Handy bei http://sms.yahoo.de