[Scribus] PDF forms with Scribus

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Mon Oct 20 19:34:48 CEST 2003

>Hello  Maciej,
>
>That looks to me like valid scripting from what I know of Acrobat
>fields. Mind you it is up to the Reader to interpret this correctly.

>Could you send a PDF page with this example? Note: issues like this is
>where we find bugs in Acro Reader Linux where they work properly in
>MacOS or Win32.

>Regards,
>Peter

Hello Peter, hi everybody,
there we go. I created 2 equal forms, one with Acrobat 5 (Acrobat PDF Writer), and the other one with Scribus. Each form contains 2 fields,  both of them have default values set with JavaScript (Field Properties ->Validate-> Custom Script).

1st field:

	this.getField("Titel").value="Test default value";

2nd field:

	var f = this.getField("Area");
	f.value = "Bla bla bla";

The Acrobat form correctly displays the default values, the Scribus version doesn't.

Acrobat PDF form: http://linux.hanski.info/static/form_with_default_value_acrobat.pdf

Scribus PDF form: http://linux.hanski.info/static/form_with_default_value_scribus.pdf

Scribus source file: http://linux.hanski.info/static/form_with_default_value_scribus.sla.gz

best regards