[Scribus] Symlinked fonts, etc.

ephemeron ephemeron
Thu Oct 16 01:11:54 CEST 2003

At Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:57:48 +0100,
Paul wrote:

> > Maybe you're right. What I noticed is that scribus ignores
> > hyphenation files that are symlinks. It would be better if it
> > read these files too.
>
> Only problem is what happens when the symlink is broken?

The same thing that happens when the actual file is itself broken
(this is, the programs quietly stops parsing the file)?  Symlinks
are an integral part of the Unix experience.  I don't know of any
Unix or GNU program that doesn't respect file symlinks (though I
know of some that have trouble with symlinked directories).