[Scribus] Which is the "recommend" release?

Sebastian Röder seppelrockt
Wed Oct 15 14:36:00 CEST 2003

Thank you Franz, Peter, Paul and Craig for your fast and in detail answers.
I`ll check out the official release of Scribus 1.1.2. SuSE 9.0 already brings
Gimp 1.3.20 on it's DVD and it works fine.The hind concerning pre-press pdf
hopefully improves the relationship between my printer and me.

But there`s one more general question: If I use photos from my digicam, they
are .jpg (digicams with .raw are to expansive ). This means they are in RGB,
right? Is it absolutely nessesary to bring them to CMYK and how can I do this
with Gimp 1.3.20? (Is this possible at all using the "basic" CMYK features of
Gimp?) What is the result - .tiff in CMYK (tiff using RGB can be found to,
doesn`t it?) As you  might guess, I don`t know much about the picture-topic
at the moment, and it`s not that important for now, because exept the
coverpage the magazin is printed in grayscale.

Regards,
Sebastian