[Scribus] TOOL problem ?

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Thu Oct 16 03:36:39 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 21:34, tom jakabfy wrote:
> Hi there:
> Just downloaded and compiled Scribus 1.1.1 successfully, even though 1.1.2 is
> recommended (I couldn't find it...maybe only a CVS still).
>
> Anyway, I don't see anything when the TOOLS (Properties,Outline and Bookmarks)
> are show/hide. Back in version 0.97 or so, I did see something. Version 1.0
> didn't seem to have them either. There is a BLUE box around the text boxes
> which are BOOKMARKed though.
>
> I know the Bookmarks are there since the .pdf file works fine. What should be
> displayed for the OUTLINE and PROPERTIES ?

The properties palette is probably the most important of all. Try
renaming the .scribus directory and restarting Scribus. Let us know if
this fixes the problem.

> Also, I liked the FONT display in 1.0. Now I have to rely on the print-out.

It was done for very good reasons: 1. To remove all the Qt font code,
which makes finding fonts much easier. 2. To lessor degree -
performance. The new font selector is many times faster with lots of
fonts on a system.

Regards,
Peter