[Scribus] the return of 0.8

Steve Herrick steveh
Tue Oct 14 00:13:26 CEST 2003

Paul wrote:

> That indicates one of two things - either you've not done a make install
> as su *or* knoppix is screwed up internally!

It's both. I didn't su to make install, but the underlying problem is
Knoppix.

<offtopic>
All three of my recent installs show the same problem - it hangs during
the boot process, always while loading cupsys. I'm baffled, because I
used the same CD before, and it worked for months with no trouble. Maybe
it's a hardware problem, though I haven't made any changes. Anyway, my
current struggle is to disable cupsys during booting, because I need to
get back to work. Any advice would be most welcome.
</offtopic>

--
Steve
==