[Scribus] the return of 0.8

Paul paul
Tue Oct 14 00:02:06 CEST 2003

Hi,

> OK, I reinstalled Knoppix (the third time in a week), then all the
> dependencies, then 1.1.1. I *still* get 0.8 coming up.

I take it that you're doing the following (assuming you have the
tarball)

tar -zxf scribus-1.1.1.tar.gz (or whatever the filename is)
cd Scribus
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
su
make install

and that at no stage you're hitting a problem.

> "which scribus" returns /usr/bin/scribus, and there is nothing related
> to Scribus in /usr/local/bin.

That indicates one of two things - either you've not done a make install
as su *or* knoppix is screwed up internally!

TTFN

Paul
--
One OS to fool them all